Thursday, January 15, 2009

I feel like I'm living in Alaska!

It is NEGATIVE 2 degrees outside right now with a wind chill of "I don't want to know". This is the kind of weather that in two days from now when it warms up to 30 degrees you feel like "this isn't so bad" when in reality it is still cold. The worse thing is, the cold is deceptive. Sure, you feel it even getting near a door or window, but looking out the window from the distance and it is a bright, sunny day. My place never gets cold, thank God, but I'd hate to even imagine being in my old, drafty house during this cold snap.

Which reminds me that while I love my place, I think I'm outgrowing it. While I'm not wanting something as large as my last house and this place has been a welcome change from maintaining and cleaning such a place, the kids are here along with their assorted pets, friends, and chaos and I'm feeling a bit cramped. So I started looking at ads for larger places, just to get an idea of cost. I'm going to start looking early summer and move mid summer - at least that is my plan.

The other thing I 'm doing is watching the travel channel. They are cruel and did a countdown of the ten best Florida beaches. I so want to be there right now.

No comments: